Holiday season has come! Pumpkin is not only for Halloween, add this easy cheesecake to your festive dessert list.
What you need for crust
Butter, 3tbs, soften
Flour, 3 tbs
Unsweetened cocoa powder, 1 tbs
Sugar, 2 tbs
1 egg yoke
Baking powder, 1 ts
Pecan nuts, 1.5oz (optional)
You don’t need to make the crust if you want to use a prepared graham cracker crust or other pie crust.
Pumpkin puree, 7 oz (200g)
1 pack of cream cheese
Sweetened condensed milk, 7 oz (200g)
Flour, 2 tbs
Corn starch, 1 tbs
Cinnamon, all spice, glove
How to make crust
1) Combine flour, cocoa powder and baking powder and shift together.
2) Soften butter in a blow, add sugar and egg yoke and mix until well blended.
3) Add dry ingredients shifted at 1). Mix with a spatula until blended. Add chopped pecan if you like.
Tightly wrap with plastic wrap, then rest it in a refrigerator for 30 min.
4) Heat the oven to 320 °F (160 °C).
5) Roll the dough on lightly floured surface, then press into a greased baking pan.
7) Bake for 8-10 minutes. Let cool.
Because of baking powder, the crust is thick but light.
How to make filling
1) First, scrape the insides and peel the pumpkin, then cut it in dice. I think calabaza pumpkin is the best for this cheesecake.
2) Place the cut pumpkin in a microwaveable plate. Loosely wrap with plastic wrap and put it in the microwave. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until tender.
3) Mash or puree the pumpkin using a folk, a food processor or a blender.
Or, you can simply use canned pumpkin puree.
4) Heat the oven to 340 °F (170 °C).
5) Combine flour, corn starch and spices. Shift together.
6) In a large bowl, put cream cheese, eggs and condensed milk.
7) Mix until well blended, then add pumpkin puree. Mix.
7) Add the dry ingredients and mix with a spatula until blended. Pour into the crust.
8) Bake for 40-45 minutes or until set. Let cook in the room temperature.
Before serving, dazzle it with whiskey caramel sauce.
Perfect. Enjoy with your favorite coffee if not whiskey.