I like to marinade fish in soy sauce or miso paste for grilling/ pan-frying. Most fish will taste good with this quick recipe but brook trout is my recent favorite.
What you need:
4 Brook trout, cut in fillet
Soy sauce 4 oz
Vodka 2 oz
Ginger, red pepper optional
What to do:
1) Brook trout is usually sold in whole, cleaned.
You can ask in a fish shop to cut into fillets.
2) Mix soy sauce, vodka and sugar in a bowl.
Sake or white wine is also good instead of vodka. I like vodka flavor best for this recipe though.
3) Put fillets in the bowl and mix well. Slices of ginger, pepper or your favorite herb can be added for flavor.
4) Then put all in a plastic bag and store in a fridge for overnight.
5) Heat a little oil in a frying pan and fry the fish over medium-high heat.
You can use salmon, cod, cat fish and other fishes for this recipe and they will never be fishy. Great with rice, bread or potato.
I have the recipe in Japanese, too.
Pingback: カワマスのしょうゆ漬け焼き | お料理ダイスキ！ニューヨークおうちごはん